Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Some news

Ugh, so blogging 3 times a week is apparently really hard. I don't even have a good excuse. I've been holed up in our apartment avoiding the frigid cold weather (-35 with the wind chill tonight, tomorrow's high sans wind chill is -3) and it's kind of hard to blog when your entire day consists of Oprah, Martha Stewart, cooking dinner, and maybe a shower thrown in there for good measure. I mean, no one really wants to read about how I watched Martha make a table runner out of porcupine quills, listened to Oprah talk about her fatness (again), and then made a giant pan of homemade mac-n-cheese. I'm just not sure that's the stuff of good blogging.

But today I have actual news to blog about: I'm sort of quitting my job on Friday and I am more excited about it than perhaps I should be. It's a long story but basically I was offered a severance package for volunteering to get laid off. The laid off part kind of sucks especially with the economy the way it is and the unemployment rates skyrocketing, however, the severance package will give us enough $$ to get health insurance through my husband's school and to live on for almost 6 months, which leaves only 3 months until I (hopefully) start my Master's program. We'll have enough funding that I can find basically any job and we'll be doing better than we were. So I'm excited to be leaving an industry that's crashing and a job I dislike. Hooray for change!

So that's my blog-worthy news. Does anyone else have any news?

No comments:

Post a Comment