Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Earth To..."

Dear Earth,

Today we celebrate you and all your greeny-bluey goodness. Thanks for being composed of 80% water that is undrinkable but full of delicious and interesting sea life. I appreciate the land masses such as the lovely one I currently inhabit, although I do regret that a significant amount of your trees have been lopped down to make paper plates and cups and those little sleeves that keep your hand from burning when you buy a hot coffee. I don't really have a place where I can plant a tree for you today but I am just letting you know that I've pledged and paid $$ to several organizations that will plant trees for me. I'm sorry your air is getting clogged with exhaust and pollution, and while I know it's not entirely my fault, I'm really sorry that your climate is getting warmer. I hate being too hot because there's only so much clothing one can remove before one is considered indecent -- and in your case, the only things you have to "take off" are people and animals and no one really wants that to happen. I hope that we, the people of the world, can work together to improve your oceans, lands, forests, & air quality and in doing that improve our own quality of life.

I heart the Earth.

Love,
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment