Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A+ America

Dear United States of America,

A+ for making last night at Grant Park a truly amazing experience. I think I cried for about an hour after Barack Obama was named President-Elect of the U.S. of A. I am so proud to be American today, it's just ridiculous. I feel like new doors for minorities (women included) have just been opened and that this country is really going to get back on track.

I didn't sleep much last night, on account of the train taking an hour to get from Millenium Station to Hyde Park (usually 15 minutes) and then I had to shower off all the icky cigarette smoke, but you know what? I don't even care that today I am exhausted. Last night was worth every ounce of exhaustion, every ounce of sleep depravation, and every ounce of tears. I got chills listening to President-Elect (eek!) Obama's speech. I think this is the start of a very good 4 years.


Love,
Kristen

P.S. for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures from last night:

USA in lights on a building downtown

Our whole group. I'm in the purple shirt

New York goes to Obama!

Me with my cute husband

CNN calls the election for Barack Obama. The crowds went WILD!!

President-Elect Barack Obama's victory speech. Truly powerful.

1 million people standing in silence with tears streaming down their faces as history was made.



The crowds leaving Grant Park. Michigan Ave was totally closed to cars and the streets were packed for a 4 block radius. I have never seen anything like it...even New Year's Eve in NYC wasn't this packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment